Delirium: Move Muscles and Improve Brains
LIVE (In-Person) and LIVESTREAM (Virtual) attendance options are available.
Sponsored by Houston Methodist System Quality and Patient Safety
This activity is designed to increase knowledge around the relationship of delirium and immobility of hospitalized adults. Learners will acquire practical knowledge on how to have greater mobility interventions for older patients in the hospital.
|Houston Methodist (HM) employee||Free|
|Physician (non-HM located within the Greater Houston Area)||$35|
|Physician (non-HM located outside the Greater Houston Area)||$20|
|Resident / Fellow (non-HM located within the Greater Houston Area)||$30|
|Resident / Fellow (non-HM located outside the Greater Houston Area)||$15|
|Allied Health Professional / All Others||Free|
This activity is designed for physicians, residents, fellows, nurses, pharmacists, occupational therapist, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the negative short and long term consequences for the patient, family, health care organizations and society associated with delirium.
- Recognize the role that mobilization plays in the prevention and mitigation of delirium.
- Apply mobilization strategies into routine care for patients at risk for or experiencing delirium.
LIVE (in-person attendance) will be held in the Houston Methodist Research Institute John F. Bookout Auditorium (6670 Bertner).
LIVESTREAM information will be provided to registered learners.
Christine M. Waszynski, DNP, APRN, GNP-BC
Christiane Perme, PT, CCS, FCCM
Kathryn Agarwal, MD
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Houston Methodist is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Houston Methodist designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 1.00 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
- 1.00 Occupational TherapyDelirium: Move Muscles and Improve Brains is a TOTA Approved Course from Mon, 02/21/2022 - 10:00am to Sat, 04/30/2022 - 12:35pm
- 1.00 Physical TherapyThis activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.00 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.
- 1.00 Speech Language PathologistsThis program has been approved for 1.00 clock hours of continuing education credit by the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA). TSHA approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
- STEP 1 - Choose the activity format you would like to attend (LIVE or LIVESTREAM) by selecting the checkbox next to the activity and clicking the "Enroll" button.
- STEP 2 - Once enrolled, click the link of the activity format for which you enrolled (the Status should say "In progress") and then click the "Take Course" button to begin the activity.