Nursing Reignited Symposium: Transforming the Profession through Clinical Inquiry
Mark your calendar for the 2023 Nursing Science Symposium hosted by Houston Methodist. This hybrid symposium will provide a forum to explore how nursing inquiry is driving practice change, improving patient outcomes, addressing health disparities, transforming the environment of care, and advancing translational and emerging research methodologies.
Call for Abstracts
We invite you to submit your abstract for the 2023 Nursing Science Symposium, Nursing Reignited: Transforming the Profession Through Clinical Inquiry at Houston Methodist Hospital. The symposium will be held on October 27, 2023 and will feature podium sessions plus traditional poster presentations.
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2023
Suggested Topics for Submission:
- Nursing Research Studies
- Evidence-Based Practice Change Projects
- Quality / Process Improvement Projects
- Interprofessional Collaboration
- Clinical Outcomes
- Translational Research
Abstracts are limited to 1500 characters, excluding the title, learning objectives, summary, and references. A complete submission includes the following components:
- Learning Objectives (must be 3 total)
- Project Summary (500 characters MAX including spaces; a compelling description of the project; do not restate learning objectives or abstract text)
- Abstract Body (1500 characters MAX including spaces)
- References (formatted using APA 7th edition style guide)
Remove all references to individual names and organizations within the body of the abstract so that the review committee can remain unbiased during the abstract review process.
Abstracts will be submitted through the online Abstract Submission Portal at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/nursingreignited
All abstracts will be blinded for peer review and evaluated for:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Completeness and how well the authors follow the abstract guidelines
- Scientific merit and quality of the project design
- Content that is supported by recent literature
- Impact on nursing practice
- Quality of writing
Notification of abstract acceptance will be made via email by July 15, 2023
Direction from nearest parking garages:
From Garage 1:
- Take parking garage elevator to 3rd floor.
- Exit and turn left and enter doors into the hospital on the right.
- Take stairs down to ground level, walk straight past the Information Desk. This is the Crain Garden. Continue straight toward the Weiss Chapel, turn right and continue past the Gift Shop.
- Turn right before the Dunn Tower Elevator bank and then a quick left (Starbucks will be on the right). Proceed down this hall toward the Market Café.
- Turn Right, then a quick left to leave Dunn Tower and enter into the Research Institute.
- Continue straight toward exit doors.
- Turn right at the RI Information Desk. Proceed up the staircase and the John F. Bookout Auditorium will be on the right side.
- Elevators to the second floor are also available, pass the staircase and proceed to end. Elevators will be on the right.
From Garage 7:
- Take parking garage elevator to ground floor, exit and turn left to outer walkway.
- Turn left and proceed to glass double doors on left, enter Walter Tower.
- Proceed straight down hallway past the Fondren/Alkek elevators, then past the Dunn elevator bank.
- Take a left (Starbucks will be on the right) and follow the directions from above to the Research Institute.
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 1.00 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.