TeamSTEPPS Master Training Course
Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools, aimed at optimizing patient outcomes by improving communication and teamwork skills among health care professionals. The Master Training course is a 2-day in person course with a train-the-trainer approach. This approach educates participants on the TeamSTEPPS fundamentals content, provides them with resources for training others, and ensures that they gain the knowledge and training required to implement and coach the behaviors needed to achieve positive results.
- Identify common communication and teamwork-related challenges in health care.
- Apply the TeamSTEPPS tools to overcome communication and teamwork-related challenges, enhancing processes and outcomes.
- Analyze how the TeamSTEPPS tools can effectively drive change in the health care setting.
- Practice employing TeamSTEPPS tools and strategies in practical scenarios and exercises.
- Construct an implementation plan to teach, coach, measure the use of the TeamSTEPPS tools.
- 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Houston Methodist is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Houston Methodist designates this Live activity for a maximum of 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 8.75 Attendance