Medication Management in Liver Disease and Transplant
At the end of this activity the participants will be able to:
- Discuss medications commonly used to treat complications of liver disease
- Discuss the mechanism of action (MOA) and side effects of medications
- Discuss monitoring of drug therapy
- Discuss immunosuppressants used to prevent transplant organ rejection
- Identify the different vaccines needed for patients with end stage liver disease.
Nursing Learning Outcome:
Nurses completing this activity will be better prepared to accurately administer and monitor medications used to treat complications of liver failure based on a robust understanding of mechanisms of action and side effects.
Diana Kurian, PharmD
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To be awarded 0.84 continuing professional development hour, the participant must watch the program in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
- 0.84 Attendance
- 0.84 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 0.84 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
This course is available ONLY for Houston Methodist employees.
For Houston Methodist Employees:
If you are an employee of Houston Methodist and this is your first time accessing this site, you may proceed to register for your activity by following these steps:
- Select “Log In / Register” on the top right of the page.
- Select “Houston Methodist login” to log in using your Houston Methodist email address and network password.
- Edit your profile and update all required items for your profile
- Mobile number update: provide and confirm your mobile number.
- Then proceed to register for your activity.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed to register for your activity by completing the above steps 1 & 2 and registering for your activity.
For additional information please visit the FAQ section.