Human Trafficking for the Health Care Provider: Recognize-Respond-Rescue
Nursing Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of this activity, the Registered Nurse will be able to describe at least one new learning they can apply to their practice related to human trafficking, as evidenced by self-reported intent to apply to practice on the evaluation.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to--
1. describe the different types of human trafficking and their prevalence at the local, statewide and national level
2. identify potential signs of human trafficking in victims who seek medical care
3. discuss and recognize the immediate health care needs of the patients utilizing a multi-disciplinary care model.
4. respond to these victims using the patient centered care model through trauma informed care
5. utilize available advocacy and victim service resources for immediate safety and rescue
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To be awarded 1.00 continuing professional development hours, the participant must attend the program in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
Houston Methodist designates this activity for 1.0 CEUs. This offering complies with section 781.501 of the rules of the Texas Sate Board of Social Work Examiners
To be awarded continuing professional development hours, the participant must attend the program in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
This course is approved by Texas Health and Human Services to meet the requirements of H.B. 2059
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 1.00 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.