How Others Learn: Experiential Learning and Evidence-Based Teaching Techniques
Educational Development Workshop for nurse educators presented by the Office of Curriculum and Educational Development.
By the end of this session, learners should be able to:
- Describe Experiential Learning theory.
- Explain Kolb's 4-cycles of learning.
- List six evidence-based approaches to effective learning.
Nursing Learning Outcome:
On completion of the activity, registered nurses will report increased confidence in creating effective learning experiences based on the knowledge of experiential leaning theory, Kolb's 4-cycles of learning, and evidence-based approaches to effective learning. They will identify at least one new learning that they intend to apply to their practice.
Kamilla (Kami) Guinn, M.Ed
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been approved for 1.00 contact hours. Participants must complete this activity, in its entirety, in order to receive a certificate for contact hours.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 1.00 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
For Houston Methodist Employees:
If you are an employee of Houston Methodist and this is your first time accessing this site, you may proceed to register for your activity by following these steps:
- Select “Log In / Register” on the top right of the page.
- Select “Houston Methodist login” to log in using your Houston Methodist email address and network password.
- Edit your profile accordingly and save.
- Mobile number update: provide and confirm your mobile number.
- Then proceed to register for your activity.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed to register for your activity by completing the above steps 1 & 2 and registering for your activity.
For additional information please visit the FAQ section.