Director Development Pathway: March - May 2023
- Leading with Vision and Values: Communicating what matters through your leadership style and behaviors
- Strategic Thinking and Foresight: Preparing for the future by identifying emerging trends
- Driving the Right Decision: Identify biases that impact decision making and learn techniques to make effective decisions
- Crafting A Compelling Business Case: Practice creating presentations that gain support and action
- An Emotionally Intelligent Leader: Gaining awareness of your strengths and learning to balance your emotional and social skills
Nursing Learning Outcome:
Nurse leaders attending this course should report an enhancement in their leadership skills based on the knowledge of effective decision making, strategic foresight, and emotional intelligence. They will identify one new learning related to each session that they will apply to personal practice as reflected in the post-activity survey. They will also present to an audience a compelling business plan.
Session 1: On completion of the session, Registered nurses will report being better prepared to make effective decisions. They will identify at least one decision making technique that they will incorporate into personal practice as reflected on the post-activity survey.
Session 2: On completion of the session, Registered nurses will to be able to create a succession plan. They will identify via the post-activity survey, at least one new learning related to strategic foresight that they can apply to personal practice.
Session 3: On completion of the session, Registered nurses will report increased confidence in decision making and stress management based on the knowledge of emotional intelligence. They will identify one new learning related to emotional intelligence that they will apply to personal practice as reflected in the post-activity survey.
Session 4: Each participant will present a compelling business plan.
Participants MUST attend ALL four sessions to receive Nursing Contact Hours.
|Title||Date and time|
|Session 1||March 31, 2023 / 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Session 2||April 21, 2023/ 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Session 3||May 5, 2023 / 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Session 4||May 19, 2023 / 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
Megan Sutton, PHD, M.A.(Psychology), BSIOP
AnDrea D. Roberts, B.A. Com, MBA, MBA
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To be awarded up to 12.25 continuing professional development hours, the participant must attend the program in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
- 12.25 Attendance
- 12.25 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 12.25 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
For Houston Methodist Employees:
If you are an employee of Houston Methodist and this is your first time accessing this site, you may proceed to register for your activity by following these steps:
- Select “Log In / Register” on the top right of the page.
- Select “Houston Methodist login” to log in using your Houston Methodist email address and network password.
- Edit your profile accordingly and save.
- Mobile number update: provide and confirm your mobile number.
- Then proceed to register for your activity.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed to register for your activity by completing the above steps 1 & 2 and registering for your activity.
For Non-Houston Methodist Employees:
If this is your first time access this site, please create your account by following these steps:
- Select “Log In/Register” on the top right of the page
- Select “Create new visitor account.”
- Edit your profile accordingly and save.
- Update your mobile number.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed with registering for the activity by selecting “Log In.” Select “Visitor Log In,” and login with the information you previously used.
For additional information please visit the FAQ section.