Clinical Research Education Series (CRES) | “Ethical Issues in Artificial Intelligence"
Evidence shows that most clinical personnel and healthcare workers are unaware of the components of ethical practices surrounding artificial intelligence. The focus of this lesson is to educate staff on the adherence to ethical issues regarding the use of artificial intelligence in Clinical Research. This course can better prepare research personnel to identify and support this practice.
Employees at Houston Methodist Hospital Research Institute
The learning objective of this course is for participants to be able to implement the following in their practice:
1) Gain an understanding of the risks associated with artificial intelligence.
2) Discuss and recognize the ethics involved with data use to teach artificial intelligence.
3) Identify methods of mitigating the risks of artificial intelligence.
Virtual - ZOOM link with be provided to the registered participants.
Cynthia Gates, JD, ADN, CIP
Cindy graduated Magna Cum Laude from Seattle University School of law and top of her class at Macon College School of Nursing. Before graduating from law school, Cindy was a registered nurse for over 20 years, including 6 years in the US Air Force Reserve Nurse Corps. Following law school, Cindy began her career in human subject research protections at Western IRB. She has worked in this field at various institutions for the past 22 years.
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To be awarded 1.00 continuing professional development hours, the participant must attend the program in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Houston Methodist is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Houston Methodist will award 1.00 Nursing Continuing Professional Development contact hours for this activity. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and complete the continuing education evaluation.
For Houston Methodist Employees:
If you are an employee of Houston Methodist and this is your first time accessing this site, you may proceed to register for your activity by following these steps:
- Select “Log In / Register” on the top right of the page.
- Select “Houston Methodist login” to log in using your Houston Methodist email address and network password.
- Edit your profile and update all required items for your profile
- Mobile number update: provide and confirm your mobile number.
- Then proceed to register for your activity.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed to register for your activity by completing the above steps 1 & 2 and registering for your activity.
For Non-Houston Methodist Employees:
If this is your first time access this site, please create your account by following these steps:
- Select “Log In/Register” on the top right of the page
- Select “Create new visitor account.”
- Edit your profile accordingly and save.
- Update your mobile number.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed with registering for the activity by selecting “Log In.” Select “Visitor Log In,” and login with the information you previously used.
For additional information please visit the FAQ section.