Clinical Research Education Series (CRES) – Understanding and Adapting to Decentralized Clinical Trials
Employees at Houston Methodist Hospital and Texas Medical Center
Upon completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Know the differences between key decentralized trial terms (virtual, hybrid, remote, site-less, etc.)
- Understand the skills necessary to support a hybrid/flexible study
- Develop a checklist for auditing the technology infrastructure at your site
- Develop a roadmap toward digitization of the study site and study-site/sponsor relationship
Virtual - Zoom link with be provided to the registered participants.
Andrea Bastek, PhD - Senior Director of Innovation at Florence Healthcare. Her team's mission is to identify the biggest challenges in clinical trial operations and harness technology to solve them. Prior to Florence, Andrea worked in clinical trial operations in the cardiac medical device industry, at Abbott and St. Jude Medical. She holds a Ph.D. in Bioengineering from Georgia Tech, as well as MS and BS degrees in Biomedical Engineering from Tulane University.
- 1.00 Attendance
For Houston Methodist Employees:
If you are an employee of Houston Methodist and this is your first time accessing this site, you may proceed to register for your activity by following these steps:
- Select “Log In / Register” on the top right of the page.
- Select “Houston Methodist login” to log in using your Houston Methodist email address and network password.
- Edit your profile and update all required items for your profile
- Mobile number update: provide and confirm your mobile number.
- Then proceed to register for your activity.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed to register for your activity by completing the above steps 1 & 2 and registering for your activity.
For Non-Houston Methodist Employees:
If this is your first time access this site, please create your account by following these steps:
- Select “Log In/Register” on the top right of the page
- Select “Create new visitor account.”
- Edit your profile accordingly and save.
- Update your mobile number.
If you have previously created a profile, you may proceed with registering for the activity by selecting “Log In.” Select “Visitor Log In,” and login with the information you previously used.
For additional information please visit the FAQ section.